Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Short video of him discussing his Hart Trophy

I saw this on TVA Sports' Facebook page last week. He's discussing when he won the Hart Trophy. I'm not sure what prompted this video to be made, but I appreciate it nonetheless:

Video found here.

Loose translation:

When I was a Canadien, wearing red white and blue, it wasn’t "mission accomplished". I was the backup goalie, I was like an angry dog (probably like hungry for the number 1 spot, not sure) I wanted his job, that’s the only thing I had in my mind. Didn’t matter how I was going to do it, I was going to do it. Then I matured.
(Then they showed the clip from the Awards ceremony.)
Wayne Gretzky gave me the trophy, I looked around and saw Patrick Roy, Steve Yzerman, and it felt like "mission accomplished". My parents were crying, my brothers were crying, my wif—my girlfriend, Stephanie, I wasn’t married yet. I didn’t want to get off the stage, I wasn’t ready for the speech. But I accomplished my mission that I worked on for 5 years."












No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments are not approved.