Sunday, June 8, 2014

His first visit to Washington after signing (and he again tells people how to pronounce his name)

José signed with Washington on July 1, 2008, and his first visit to meet with management and staff was July 10, 2008. Here are some photos from that day.





Then this was a bit of his media scrum. I liked how he admitted he'd had some bad years, but they made him stronger mentally. And I love when he tells people how to pronounce his name, since so many people mess it up. I apologize for the background noise, so idea what's going on back there...maybe a Zamboni!


Then here is when he sat down with Mike Vogel the same day for a Snap Shots interview. Here again he addresses his last name. He says:
"I don’t know why they say ‘THAY-uh-dore’, because it’s actually an English name, my dad is English, so it’s ‘THEE-uh-dore.’"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments are not approved.