Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gameday, Panthers @ Islanders, W (4-1)

José is the starter today on Long Island.

Sorry I'm late updating. I'm not quite back into the swing of him playing. It seems like it's been forever.

The Panthers won 4-1. They had a very solid game all around, except for the first 3 minutes or so when their one goal against was scored. They just have a real problem with those first few minutes, especially on the road. But they bounced back nicely.

José faced 27 shots and obviously saved 26. I was really hoping the Panthers would limit his shots faced to less than 30, and they did, so I appreciate that. With it being his first game back, I really wanted it to be a quiet game for him and his knee. Hopefully his knee weathered the storm well. There were at least 3 times I saw Dmen in front of him diving to block shots with their bodies, so they were really trying to take care of him. "Theo's mom" here sent them a batch of virtual brownies as a thank-you.

They next play at home on Wednesday against Ottawa. The Capitals lost today, so the Panthers' lead is 4 points in the Southeast Division.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments are not approved.