Monday, January 7, 2013

I saw José at their informal practice on Friday (1/4/13)

Saturday night I got back from a whirlwind trip (by car) to South Florida to see José at one of the informal practices some of the Panthers and friends have been conducting during the lockout. We left at about 8:00 pm on January 1st, made it to Coral Springs on the evening of the 2nd, we watched the practice on the 4th and got to visit with José afterwards, then headed back out, after I stepped my feet in the ocean for the first time.

So it was quite the full few days (and a round trip of over 2400 miles.) I will write more later this week, as I'm still cleaning up after the trip.

But here are a couple photos to show you I'm not making it up. :)

After he came off the ice, we chatted a bit and took a couple photos, and then he asked if we wanted to talk more after he cleaned up, so that's why we were out back of the building. We didn't go back there uninvited. He was so incredibly nice. You might remember that I met him in Minnesota 2 years ago, and he was super nice both times. He remembered me and my husband. :))






Like I said, I'll write more later. All sorts of things going on with this and the lockout ending. These photos were from Friday morning. Then the lockout ended on Sunday morning. Best 48 hour period of my life EVER! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments are not approved.