Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bob Sansevere: On and on with newly acquired Wild backup goalie Jose Theodore


http://www.twincities.com/columnists/ci_16314102?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Pioneer Press
Updated: 10/11/2010 10:42:18 PM CDT
 
Here is Jose Theodore, signed last week to replace injured Josh Harding as the Wild's backup goalie ...

On acclimating to the Wild: "I was just anxious to get here and meet everybody. It's fun to be back in there practicing and being around the guys."

On whether he would like to challenge Niklas Backstrom for the starting role: "Even when I was 20 years old, I wanted to play as many games as I could. It never changes. You want to play as many games as you can. Every time you get out there, you want to help the team win. The coach has the final decision."

On how he viewed the Wild before joining them: "They obviously have the talent. Last year, they didn't make the playoffs, but after Christmas they played really well, from what I could see. When you have young teams, sometimes just one season with experience changes a lot. I really believe this team can surprise some people this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments are not approved.