Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wild 1, Canucks 5

I think this comment from Coach Richards says it all: "Theodore played well, he gave us a chance to get a point or earn a win here and that's all you can ask of your goalie," said coach Todd Richards. "And then your goalie plays great for you all game and you make some poor decisions coming down the stretch and leave him hanging out to dry."



Well, at least José's first game as a Wild is out of the way, and my nerves can calm down. I guess I know how a parent feels when watching their child play sports...I was so nervous the whole game. I couldn't even enjoy watching. I doubt José enjoyed the game much either.

Honestly, I didn't think he played badly. Sure, the score doesn't look very good, but for all intents and purposes it was 1 goal per period, and then those last 2 were just...team issues. He faced 35 shots on goal. He had some really nice saves. I'm not going to lay blame, but I didn't see much from the rest of the team. They couldn't seem to do anything with the puck, the Canucks were in the Wild zone a good portion of the game, the defense was a bit lacking. All in all, not a good night for the Wild.

All the haters out there can think what they want, but I'm not going to let José take the blame for that loss. For it being his first game since April with a new team that he's still getting used to against a team hungry for revenge, I'd say he played admirably. Much love, Theo.

Here's the recap on nhl.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments are not approved.