Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wild's Best Offseason Acquisition...Our guy!

Ok, I'm a little late posting this. With the whole meeting Theo thing happening, I lost track of everything else. I'm going through my e-mail and found a message that loyal follower Valentina sent me way back at the end of January. She found it on the KFAN Sports Radio Site on January 27th. Thanks, Valentina!

It was by Brandon Mileski, Minnesota Wild 1st Half Awards:

Best Offseason Acquisition: Jose Theodore--Technically, this wasn't on 'offseason' acquisition, since Theodore was signed days into training camp after Josh Harding went down with an injury. How lucky did the Wild get to have Theodore available? Jose has been steady, consistent, and at times brilliant. Niklas Backstrom has battled a hip injury, and through a stretch of games, was playing poorly. The Wild never missed a beat when Theodore was put between the pipes. The Wild have depth at the goalie position, which is great in case one of them is in a slump.

And a twitter/tumblr friend of mine, Jilliette sent me this photo today. It was when José was with Colorado, and Marty Havlat was with Chicago, Jan 2008. José saying "Yo, outta my crease, dude!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments are not approved.