Saturday, September 24, 2011

José Debut as a Panther (Preseason though it is)

The Panthers play the Lightning tonight...in 5 minutes. I'm listening on the radio, because it's not being televised. Here's the feed I'm listening to...it's the Lightning radio network. http://www.620wdae.com/mediaplayer/

And guess what? They finally updated their headshots on the Panthers site. Check him out!! Loving the hair and the tan. ♥


Panthers/Lightning are tied at 1-1 after Period 1.

José saved 6 of 7 SOG. I can't see anything going on, but from what I'm hearing, I feel good about it, since it's his first game since APRIL!! One goal? That's all? I'm proud of him.


After 2, the Panthers lead 3-2. The 2nd Lightning goal was also a PPG, and in fact was 5-3. José fought off a couple different shots on the 5-3 until that one squeaked through. I think he's doing great, from what I can hear. Panthers are doing ok, but didn't score on their PPs, so that's not good. I'm thinking David Booth is definitely a top player.

This was a penalty shot that José faced. It went off the crossbar. No goal.

The Panthers lost 5-3. He ended up facing 30 shots. 3 of the goals were in the last period. I can't comment on the goals, because I was having to listen to the Lightning commentator, and I'm not really sure what happened. I'm sure José would rather not have given up 5, but I think it was a perfectly fine game for his first since April, with a new team. A group of guys that haven't played together before except for practice. Soon they'll be down to the final team, and they can start gelling and getting in a groove. I'm so glad that first game is under his belt.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments are not approved.