Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gameday, Wild @ Devils, 6:00 CST, on Versus (Wild win 2-1)

José is in goal for the 2nd game in a row. Probably because they are letting Backstrom's "lower body injury" get a little better. Go Theo!!!


After the 1st period it's 1-0, Wild lead. They listed that José only faced one SOG, although I could've sworn I saw 2 or 3. Guess I was wrong. Quiet game, that's for sure.

This is one of my favorite photos so far this season...(read the sign in the stands.)

After two periods, it's tied at 2. They tied it up on a rocket shot by Kovalchuk. The Devils in the 2nd period are a totally different team than those of the 1st. The 1st period was the opportunity for the Wild to score, and they only got one. Sigh.

José faced 14 SOG in the second. Some really good saves in there.

And that's the game! And a win!! Sweet. The Wild only ended up scoring 2, I thought it would be more. That's how much trouble the Wild have scoring, because the Devils are not a good team. Oh well, a win and 2 points in the standings.

José ended up facing 22 SOG, 21 saves. He seemed a lot busier than 22 SOG. It was not what I would call an easy game for him, but he did very well.

Glen Andresen had a great quote about him in his in-game commentary:
"Theodore just looks as cool as the other side of the pillow back there tonight."
Hahahaha!! I'd like to meet Glen, he makes me giggle.



3 comments:

  1. Glad Theo did well, and the sign in the stands is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go JOSE!!!!!
    A W and that sign is so amazing!!! (I hope he saw that one!)
    Im really happy for Jose:-)

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments are not approved.