Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Looking Back at the 1996 World Junior Hockey Championships

I thought in honor of the WJC going on right now, it would be fun to look back at José's time in the 1996 WJC. There are some pretty fun photos of him at the time. ;o) Let's remember he was 19 years old. Oh so adorkable.


José was chosen as the Best Goaltender of the tournament. He posted a 4-0 record with a 1.50 GAA. Canada won the gold.

Here he is with Marc Denis, the other Canadian goalie.



Some in-game shots:





With Jarome Iginla and Nolan Baumgartner. These three were selected to the All-Star Team.

Victory!


2 comments:

  1. Awwww he looks tiny! Cute. So cool that they won, too. :) And I love how there's tiny Jarome Iginla as well. Nice photos :) I love the WJC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...it was neat to see these photos. And I'm glad he had that gold medal. Must've been a thrill for them.

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments are not approved.